If you're planning your wedding and wondering if you should go with a First Glance or stick with tradition, take a peek at their post. Hopefully it will help you decide if you want to go with the new trend or stick with tradition.
A huge trend sweeping the wedding industry is a First Glance, a pre-ceremony moment between you and your groom. And because it’s becoming such a huge trend, this week’s Love It/Hate It is a battle of the First Glance.For this topic, we can see the perks of both sides. The biggest perk of a First Glance would be that you’re able to take all of your photographs prior to your ceremony, thus allowing you to enjoy your post-ceremony with simple fun.
The downfall of a First Glance is the obvious – you’re missing out on tradition. When you opt for a First Glance, you have to come to terms that you won’t have the traditional moment of seeing your groom’s face for the first time when you walk down the aisle. This is a moment little girls dream about.
We’ve broken this battle down into a list of pro’s and con’s. Take a peek at our logic and tell us if you’re “Team First Glance” or “Team Tradition” in our comments section below.
- Allows you and your groom to have a private moment
- Gives you serious flexibility when planning your photography itinerary
- Instead of being separated most of the day, you now get to spend the majority of your day together
- If you take all of your pictures before your ceremony, you’re able to enjoy your cocktail hour with your guests
- The old wives-tale: “It’s bad luck to see your bride before your wedding”
- With a first glance, the bulk of your pictures will be done before the wedding so makeup and hair appointments will have to be early
So which are you? Team First Glance or Team Tradition? Shout your side in the comments section below.