Tuesday, September 27, 2011

andrea and alex.

Dre and Alex are easily one of my favorite couples of all time. I'll tell you why: Because no couple laughs more, loves harder, or talks with a better country accent than these two. Additionally, I love this couple because Dre is my best friend. She's beautiful, funny, loving, trustworthy and just like a sister. Her fiance, Alex, is sweet, giving, loyal, and the perfect match for my best bud. For all of those reasons, I love these two individually and especially together. 

My story with Andrea starts at UK. A local with a killer country twang and a fire about her, my pledge sister, Dre, was impossible not to be around. Her Target nacho loving, mudslinging, country belle ways were like a magnet and I didn't even try to give into their enticing pull. Consequently, I loved UK deeper and laughed harder as Dre etched her memories into my life's permanent history. 

I'll never forget driving out of my UK driveway for the last time, Indiana bound, and seeing Dre teary eyed in my rearview mirror. I've always thought that that moment was a true testament of the friendship we had built over the past years because, with the exception of my own mother who cries every time I head down Keystone Avenue, I can count those who've shed tears due to my leaving on one, maybe two hands.

Fast forward four years. Husband, Paul, and I are back in Lexington to visit Dre and Alex, celebrate their engagement, and photograph this happy moment in their lives. The four of us, a double dose of UK love stories, walked through the city that brought Dre and I together, allowed Dre and Alex's love to blossom, and will soon be the home of their wedding, snapping pictures and laughing along the way. The perfect near-evening sun, nostalgic scenery, and company helped make this Bluegrass photo shoot beautiful.   

When I met Dre all those years ago, I honestly could have guessed that our story would have turned out like this: Still best friends, still making each other laugh, happily married/engaged to our college sweethearts, and proud to stand up for each other as bridesmaids. Since the day our friendship started, I knew it would never end. And while Dre's teary eyed goodbye four years ago wasn't and won't be our last, the friendship, memories, and laughs in-between the goodbyes make up for the time we're apart. And I think that's a true testament of the kind of friend Dre is.

Congratulations to Dre and Alex! I can't wait to celebrate your new life together! Enjoy your sneak peek. 

No comments:

Post a Comment